- Digital Econony Consultant based in Orewa, 30km north of Auckland, New Zealand. Specialises in telecommunications policy, E-health, E-government, privacy, and E-learning.
- Chief Executive, Telecommunications Users Association of New Zealand Inc (TUANZ) 1999-2010
- Marketing Manager, Packaging House Ltd/Carter Holt Harvey Distributors 1994-1999
- General Manager, “Buy New Zealand Made” Campaign Ltd 1989-2004
- Manager, Trade Groups, New Zealand Manufacturers Federation Inc (now Business NZ) 1987-1989
- Director, Otago Southland Manufacturers Association 1985-1987
- Director, Wellington Regional Manufacturers Association 1987-1989 (concurrent with other roles)
- Executive Director, NZ Grocery Manufacturers Association 1981-1985
- Chief Executive, Otago Chamber of Commerce 1986-1987 (concurrent with other roles)
- Executive Officer, NZ Vegetable Growers Federation 1977-1981
- Senior Training Officer, Ministry of Works and Development
- Senior Travel Officer, NZ Government Tourist and Publicity Department
I am a digital consultancy consultant specialising in telecommunications policy, E-health, E-learning and E-government. I have a passion for finding and implementing ways for a small economy like New Zealand to improve our society with the use of modern communications channels.
As a consultant since 2010, my clients include an eclectic mix of government agencies, not-for-profits and private sector interests.
A special passion is for the use of health informatics to improve health outcomes and drive efficiency into the delivery of health services. To that end I am working with a mix of government, District Health Board and industry organisation interests to accelerate uptake of advanced communication technologies across the health sector.
I regard my core strengths as simplifying complex issues, driving change, and bringing disparate groups together to agree on common outcomes.
- Executive member, HINZ (Health Informatics New Zealand) – 2012-current
- Leadership Group Member, NZ Telehealth Forum – 2011-current
- Expert Advisory Group Member, Health Quality and Safety Commission Indicators Project, 2011-current
- Chair and Manager of Consumer Panel for NZ National Health IT Board, 2010-12
- Author, E-health and E-learning chapters,Commerce Commission Broadband Demand-Side Study 2011/12
- Chairman for 3 years, Board member for 11 years of International Telecommunications Users Group
- Head of INTUG Delegation for 10 years of APEC Telecommunications and IT Working Group
- Board member for 5 years, Telecommunications Carriers Forum, NZ
- Board member, Telecommunications Disputes Resolution Service, 2007-2011
- NZ Digital Development Council (Council member)
- New Zealand Chambers of Commerce (Board Member)